Medical DiagnosisAt Aquilia Acupuncture in Stamford or Baldock, we recommend that if you have not yet visited your GP about your condition we advise you to do so. If a medical diagnosis has been made by your GP or consultant and you have been advised or would like to try acupuncture to see if it may help management of your condition, please contact us. Aquilia Acupuncture is a specialist acupuncture clinic and we are able to offer our patients a one-to-one, professional and advanced acupuncture service.
Traditional Chinese acupuncture is a term used to describe a healthcare system derived from ancient principles – Yin Yang – and the Five Elements. The system is based on medical philosophy whereby different models have been used to study the nature of knowledge and existence with regard to health and wellbeing. Therefore, acupuncture is based on a different model of health, physiology, and illness. However, the scientific mechanisms for acupuncture have advanced considerably.
Based on these Chinese medical concepts an acupuncturist is trained in the UK to use unique diagnostic and treatment methods when providing acupuncture as well as other disciplines relevant to best practice in the contemporary healthcare setting. Please note, an acupuncturist does not provide a medical diagnosis.
Is Acupuncture Safe?
Lianne Aquilina is a member of the British Acupuncture Council. The following assurances are British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) standard:
- BAcC acupuncture members have completed high standards of training and qualification in traditional Chinese acupuncture.
- BAcC acupuncture members have completed a three-year degree level accredited course or equivalent and continue professional development.
- BAcC acupuncture membership training includes substantial elements of medical anatomy, physiology and pathology for the integration of safe practice, and referral to a GP if necessary.
- BAcC acupuncture members use only sterilised single-use needles, which are safely disposed of after your treatment.
- Lianne Aquilina is registered with environmental health council and abides by bylaws corresponding to the practice of acupuncture in England.