Fertility Acupuncturist Lianne Aquilina is a coauthor of the international best selling textbook for acupuncturists "Acupuncture for IVF and Assisted Reproduction: An Integrated Approach to Treatment Management". To find out more about this publication click here.
- Is a Guest Lecturer in Acupuncture for Fertility, IVF, and Assisted Reproduction
- Runs educational workshops, to provide clients with the knowledge required to help optimise
the chances of conceiving naturally or with IVF
- Has certification on advising couples how to Optimise Natural Fertility
- Is an experienced and highly qualified Acupuncture Clinical Supervisor and Educator
- A MSc Research Supervisor for Acupuncturists
Aquilia Acupuncture Fertility in Stamford, Lincolnshire, offers expert advice, advanced acupuncture treatment, and management of subfertility with acupuncture. The clinic is highly specialised and leading in this area.
Originally from Stamford, in 2005 Fertility Acupuncturist Lianne Aquilina opened the clinic in her hometown where she continues to help infertility patients to conceive either naturally or alongside assisted reproductive medicine.
Probable mechanisms of acupuncture
It has been scientifically hypothesised that the mechanisms by which acupuncture may work are due to:
- regulation of fertility hormones, FSH, oestrogen, and progesterone;
- supporting follicle receptor expression, egg production and modifying the quality of eggs;
- improving blood flow to the reproductive system affecting the endometrial lining, promoting implantation;
- enhancing luteal function.
We use our expertise, and direct experience of working with our patients, who have attended various leading IVF centers, to offer you different insights into the management of subfertility and recurrent miscarriage.
Our Ladies Interviewed...
June and her partner from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, started trying for a family 6 years ago. Their first IVF cycle was unsuccessful and this was followed by a further 3 failed frozen cycles. June discovered Lianne’s acupuncture expertise in Stamford. Together with acupuncture and Lianne’s guidance, their fourth IVF cycle was successful. They have a daughter. Three good-quality blastocysts were frozen as a result of acupuncture alongside IVF. A year later two of these blastocysts were transferred during a frozen cycle. June now also has twins. After suffering for years with infertility and the prospect of childlessness they are delighted.
Davina and her husband found trying for a baby very stressful when things didn’t go quite as expected. They were booked in for medical fertility treatment at Peterborough hospital. Prior to waiting for treatment, they discovered the local expertise of Lianne Aquilina. Lianne supported them with acupuncture, lifestyle and nutritional advice. As a result, the couple became pregnant naturally. They returned two years later for help and support for a sibling. They had been struggling to conceive for some time. Lianne supported them with acupuncture. They now have two children.