Biography, Education, Award, and Activity
Research Peer Reviewer of Acupuncture Research for a European Journal
- 2019 Lianne Aquilina with Mark Bovey coauthored a research resource for health professionals and researchers "A review of the evidence base for IVF or ICSI and Acupuncture: Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses." A new resource for the British Acupuncture Council, UK. Click here for a link to the briefing document.
- 2018 Lianne was appointed as a media research spokeswoman regarding acupuncture research, public and professional relations.
Acupuncture Research Supervisor
- Lianne currently is a Master of Science Research Supervisor and Acupuncture Online Tutor at the Northern College of Acupuncture, York, for the Online Global MSc in Advanced Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Applied Health Research
- 2017 Lianne Aquilina was awarded a Master of Science (MSc) in Applied Health Research from the Health Science Department University of York, UK.
Lianne's research included "A review of the reporting quality of key design and analysis components of cluster randomised controlled trials: a sample of monographs from health and education."
This was a retrospective review of cluster randomised controlled trials funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), Health Technology Assessment (HTA) programme and a sample of trials in the field of education funded by the Educational Endowment Foundation (EEF). The consolidated standards of reporting randomised controlled trials (CONSORT) statement cluster extension was used as a benchmark for the quality of reporting of cluster trials.
Congress Guest Speaker
2017 Lianne Aquilina and her colleague Irina Szmelskyj were invited guest speakers at the 6th Congress on "Infertility and IVF" Italy for medical doctors and consultants. Topics included:
- Optimising Natural Conception
- Regulating the Menstrual Cycle
- Advanced Acupuncture for IVF
- The Social and Psychological Impact of Subfertility and Fertility Treatment
- Management of Recurrent Implantation Failure (RIF)
- Lianne's research explored the Stigma surrounding subfertility in society and healthcare. Lianne outlines implications and recommends management strategies as well as future healthcare and service research.
Coauthor of an Acupuncture Textbook
- 2015 the book she co-authored was published by Elsevier and has since become the best selling international textbook. The book is entitled 'Acupuncture for IVF and Assisted Reproduction: An Integrated Approach to Treatment Management.
- 2012 she was invited by the British Acupuncture Accreditation Board (BAAB) to be the Accreditation Research Observer and Reporter for the accreditation of a Master of Science (MSc) course in Chinese Acupuncture, Southbank University, London.
- 2009 Lianne obtained a distinction for a Masters of Arts (MA) module 'Reading Chinese Medical Classics' - a specialist module offered by The College of Traditional Acupuncture (CTA) postgraduate education department affiliated with Oxford Brookes University, UK.
- Lianne has published in the Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine/Journal of Chinese Medicine/European Journal of Integrated Medicine and is a Contributing News Columnist for the Acupuncture Now Foundation (ANF) USA.
Visiting Guest Lecturer Acupuncture for Fertility, IVF and Early Pregnancy Support
- Lianne is also a visiting guest lecturer to undergraduate MSc and BSc students on the use of traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture in the treatment and management of infertility and IVF.
Acupuncturist Lianne Aquilina MSc BSc MBAcC Key Education, Qualification and Activity continued...
||NVQ Level 3 Diagnostic and Therapeutic Support
||First Class Hons Bachelor of Science Degree in Acupuncture
||British Acupuncture Accreditation Board. Membership of British Acupuncture Council. University of Lincoln.
||Award for Studies in Health, Life and Social Science
||Obtained award and prize for Studies in Health, by Professor B. McGaw BSc Hons, Ph.D., C. Biol, C. Chem, FRSC, C, Sci. Dean of The Faculty of Health, Life and Social Sciences at the University of Lincoln.
||Primary Qualitative Research
||Qualitative research conducted on 'The Therapeutic Relationship' is published by Palgrave in Chapter 10 of 'Professional Perspectives in Health Care', edited by Carol Wilkinson, USA.
||One of a handful of qualified acupuncturists in the UK Certified in Advanced Acupuncture at the Guangdong Province Second Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, affiliated with the Hospital of GuangZhou University of Chinese Medicine, China.
||Acupuncture Educator, Clinical Practice Supervisor, and Examiner, Lincoln University, Lincolnshire
||Invitation to teach by the University of Lincoln’s acupuncture program leader as their BSc Hons Acupuncture Clinical Supervisor. Lianne taught acupuncture clinical practice for 8 years.