At Aquilia Acupuncture in Stamford, we recommend that if you have not yet visited your GP about your condition we advise you to do so. If a medical diagnosis has been made by your GP or consultant and you have been advised or would like to try acupuncture to see if it may help management of your condition, please contact us.
Aquilia Acupuncture is a specialist acupuncture clinic and we are able to offer our patients a one-to-one, professional and advanced acupuncture service.
Traditional Chinese acupuncture is a healthcare system based on integrated ancient principles – Yin Yang – and the Five Elements. Therefore, acupuncture has a different model of good health, physiology, and illness. Based on these Chinese medical concepts an acupuncturist is trained to use unique diagnostic and treatment management methods when providing acupuncture. Each person, according to this type of acupuncture requires an individualised application and treatment management. Please note, this is not a medical diagnosis.
Is Acupuncture Safe?
Lianne Aquilina is a member of the British Acupuncture Council. The following assurances are British Acupuncture Council (BAcC) standard:
- BAcC acupuncture members have completed high standards of training and qualification in traditional Chinese acupuncture.
- BAcC acupuncture members have completed a three-year degree level accredited course or equivalent and continue professional development.
- BAcC acupuncture membership training includes substantial elements of medical anatomy, physiology and pathology for the integration of safe practice, and referral to a GP if necessary.
- BAcC acupuncture members use only sterilised single-use needles, which are safely disposed of after your treatment.
- Lianne Aquilina is registered with environmental health council and abides by bylaws corresponding to the practice of acupuncture in England.